Saturday, September 22, 2012

A KOLKATA GARDEN


A KOLKATA GARDEN
Luxurious Embroidered Stole / Shawl

Piece Unique

I enjoy to create stoles .
This model was especially a pleasure to make , because the vintage sari i used was stunning .
A wedding sari with a unusual color ,  a sort of "vert de gris" shades



I worked many on the lining too ( a dark grey soft and warm mohair wool ) .
I made arabesque with the tassels .
It was so hard and hurtful for the fingers to hand stitch them , i said : never i will remake a work like that !





As usual , this model is embroidered with wool threads , 
this time :
abstract patterns and sort of flowers and sun ….






I ornate it with vintage coins and dome buttons from Afghanistan / Pakistan / India .



Approx 40 hours to create it ….
This model was ordered by a customer in USA .


Thank you for your visit and interest 

For any request concerning my work , don't hesitate to contact me at :
jevdajevda@gmail.com

Jenny Eve

*
***
*