Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CHIHARU SHIOTA / AFTER THE DREAM 2013


CHIARU SHIOTA
AFTER THE DREAM 2013


Chiharu Shiota is one of my favorite artist , i dream in front her poetic installations , with absolutely no hope to see one time her work in the real life ……
I don't live in New York , Tokyo , Paris or Berlin !


Last week of Octiber 2013 , i travelled during some days in France to visit my family and friends .
I was taking a drink with a friend , on a square with a church , in Montpellier / South of France , where i lived during many years .


This church is an exhibition place for art , and we decided to take a look , to see what sort of exhibition was inside .


In the entrance i started to cry because it was a so big shock to see in front me an installation by Chiharu Shiota !!!!!! AFTER THE DREAM 2013



I visited 4 times the exhibition , and took some pictures to share with you her fragile and ephemeral work . It will be destroyed 17th November 2013 .


Installation Story :
Chiharu Shiota came with 4 assistants in Montpellier and they were helped by 10 students from the School of Fine arts .



15 persons working 11 days , to create this sort of spider's web around the dresses "cocoon" in a church 
They used 1000 kilos / 2 200 pounds of wool threads , representing 1 600 kms / 994 miles ……




A dream in my memory …..

Jenny Eve

*
***
*