Tuesday, January 13, 2015

FLORALE SYMPHONIE


FLORALE SYMPHONIE
Luxurious Embroidered Shawl 

When i created this shawl , i had in my mind the Art Nouveau period .
The houses and studios interiors of the artists , decorated with opulence and extravagance.
"La Grande" Sarah Bernhardt , dramatic and eccentric , many times source of inspiration for me , a muse for Alfons Mucha and René Lalique , talented and popular Art Nouveau artists .
The vegetal forms , the flowers , the curves , essential elements of the Art Nouveau.
I imagined my shawl in one of these interiors , trying to find harmony …..












FLORALE SYMPHONIE
Dimensions : 23" x 114" ( 13" ) fringes includes .



Materials : vintage silk saris ( for the lining too ) with traditional metallic embroideries , appliqués organza and beads  ( cut on another vintage sari )  patchwork of these difference materials.
Rustic and flowers wool threads embroideries . 
The wool threads are 100% wool , or mixed with acrylic . I choose them for their colors , of course , but first for their softness .








Before to make a new style of embroidery , necessary to test it on another fabric .



Embroidery result is what I expected , at present I can do it on Florale Symphonie .





This creation was a pure pleasure for my mind , traveling more a hundred years in the past .
Intensive work at certain moments , hard for the hands , feeling the fingers skin as burned. 
It is the price to pay to have such a result :)


Thank you for your visit and interest in my creations

For any request concerning my work , you can contact me at :
jevdajevda@gmail.com

Jenny Eve

*
***
*