Monday, April 27, 2015

PURPLE VARIATION AROUND THE KAFTAN


PURPLE VARIATION AROUND THE KAFTAN
Piece Unique

A sort of collage :
The front looks like a shawl / stole
The back is like a superposition of a shawl on another garment .

This kaftan is entirely hand-stitched .
No machine .... I used my hands and a needle for this patient labor .


This kaftan is a patchwork, a collage from different vintage fabrics , precious silks , cotton , embroidered with metallic threads , silk threads , or printed .

I made my own embroidery , with wool threads



Floral pattern in this spring period ....




Old panel richly embroidered , floral and peacocks motifs



for the back , a delicate vintage purple veil silk with woven paisley in silk gold color



Other floral metallic embroidery , with a patina due to the age .



Details embroideries :



Silk Ikat for the lining side .


Measurement :
Height Front approximately : 53" / 135 cm
Width approximately : 80" / 202 cm






When I work on a creation , until it is finished  and photographed , it is mine .
After I have to leave it .....


INFORMATIONS :
Sometimes marking , irregularities or imperfect embroideries , condition , maybe apparent .
This should not be considered as imperfection and are the characteristic of vintage materials.
Color and light may vary depending on your screen.


Thank you for your visit and interest.

For any request concerning my work , you can contact me at :
jevdajevda@gmail.com

Jenny Eve / Jevda

*
***
*