Tuesday, June 7, 2016

LES PORTES D'OR, Luxurious Embroidered Shawl / Stole


LES PORTES D'OR
Luxurious Embroidered Shawl / Stole
Archive work from 2012

Piece Unique


The base work is a vintage sari in silk organza , burgundi and old pale gold , with metallic  embroideries , pattern flowers . I cut them and i made a composition on the base work .
I hand stitch , embroider , quilt the sari on a very soft tweed fabric , red, burgundy , black, pink .
The embroideries are made with different wool colors : apple green , orange , saffron ,pink , blcack , burgubdy
Ornaments vintage metal coins from Central Asia ( Pakistani, Indian, Afghani, and Turkish ) , black wool fringes .
the place where I buy the coins send 10% of my purchase at this charity :
Afghan Institute of Learning Empowers Afghan Women

Vintage dome metal buttons with or without pendants , from Afghanistan .


LES PORTES D'OR DIMENSIONS :
90"x19.5"   /  230 cm x 50 cm



LES PORTES D'OR  : 30 HOURS are necessary to make it .
For me , this sort of work is like a painting . I work on it , I stop , I look it a day after , I can imagine a better way to continue ...... I made break , working on other creations . The 30 hours are
scattered  on many days, sometimes a month . Because it is necessary to take a certain distance with the creation , to be satisfied with the final result .


Thank you for your visit and interest.
For any request concerning my work, you can contact me at :
jevdajevda@gmail.com

Jenny Eve / Jevda

*
***
*