Tuesday, November 1, 2016

THE BEADS TAMBOURINES


THE BEADS TAMBOURINES 
Piece Unique
A Jewel Haori Jacket


I worked on a vintage Japanese Haori jacket , in black silk , embroidered motifs Traditional Drum / Tree Peony   , from the last part of the Showa period (1970s ) . 


I ornate the neckline with vintage beads , red and black, in wood . These beads were produced in France , to make Rosaries , in the 1930s/1940s.
With the same beads , I created fringes , sewn on the back , as a necklace.


The sides are embroidered with the same beads.


On the neck , a fabric stripe made with vintage cotton lace "broderie anglaise" from 1950s , dyed in black . Under it , a red fabric . 
This stripe, sewn on the Hoari , creates a new neckline and on the front , it continues with 2 long beaded pendants , made with the vintage rosary beads .


Same beads on The front edges of the jacket, 2 long strings, to close it or not , the Haori .
Haori jackets are not meant to close , but are made to be worn open , or eventually little closed by an elegant knot with two silk cords ( Himo ) ,to have the possibility to glimpse and to admire the kimono.
I replaced the Himo by these 2 long beaded strings.


DIMENSIONS Haori :
Sleeve to Sleeve : 48.8 inch / 124cm , which means 3/4 sleeves
Length : 30.2 inch / 77 cm
Width : 45 inch / 114 cm
Sleeve length: 18 inch / 46 cm 

Washing instructions : Dry cleaning only .
To iron with steam .




With humor , I play to be model in my creations .... to show that a small woman like me ( i'm "petite size " 1,59 cm / 5'2" , M)  can wear my garments.
I absolutely don't create for gigantic top models wearing xxs sizes because they are not the reality!
And i'm not 16 years old either , but 47 .

The dummy I use to create the garments is more thinner and tall than me ;) Height approx 5'8 // 1m73


Price 325 USD + worldwide registered shipping with tracking number 35 USD
Installment payments are possible, don't hesitate to ask to me and we can plan what is the best for you  jevdajevda@gmail.com

You have the possibility to purchase it in my shop which is on the top right side of this page 
( THE SHOP )


INFORMATIONS :
Colors and Light may vary depending your screen.
Sometimes marking , irregularities or imperfect embroideries / colors , condition maybe apparent .
This should not be considered as imperfection and are the characteristic of vintage materials and craft method of dyeing

Thank you for your visit and interest in my work

Jenny Eve 

*
***
*

Sold Out