Sunday, April 2, 2017

L'OISEAU ET LA FLEUR


L'OISEAU ET LA FLEUR
Necklace
Piece Unique

Hand -sewn , hand-beaded



I created this necklace / neck ornament with fabrics, wool, beads.
The bird and the flower were cut in a cotton fabric, I have sewn them in 3D and embroidered them with vintage beads : 
In glass pale turquoise, from the 1930s.
In red crystal faceted , from 1950s.
In glass green forest and olive green , from 1980s


The Bird and flower are hand sewn on the medallion. This medallion is in thick felt, covered with a vintage silk  chartreuse , embroidered floral motif with silk turquoise blue and blue / silver sequins.


On this silk , I made "rustic" wool embroideries , 2 shades of bleu , 2 shades of green. 
The medallion lining is in silk , chartreuse , without embroidery , fixed on a thick felt .


I hand-sewed these 2 panels together .



Closure : 2 rectangles , made as the medallions , where are fixed 2 magnetic fasteners .


DIMENSIONS :
from the back neck to the pendants bottom : 60 cm // 23.62 inch
medallion : 20 cm x 12 cm // 8 inch x  4.72 inch
Length pendants 27 cm and 26,5 cm // 10.75 inch and 10.5 inch

For information , I am a "petite size" ( 5'2" // 1m59 ) , wearing a small FR 36 // US petite size S / 4 .
My neck circumference is 12 inch // 30,5 cm .

If you think my necklaces are too much big ( maybe on me because my petite size , but I love that , xxl necklaces ) , if you are more taller than me , the result will be different ....


The 3 strings around the neck and the 3 pendants are a mix of different beads :
The black beads are made in wood, they come from France, they were used to make Rosary in the 1930s/40s.The other beads are lampwork glass beads, made in India, they are new.
The large red chandelier glass beads , are vintage , 



Price : 365 USD + worldwide shipping registered 25 USD
Installment payments are possible, don't hesitate to ask to me and we can plan what is the best for you  jevdajevda@gmail.com


INFORMATIONS :
Colors and Light may vary depending your screen.
Sometimes marking , irregularities or imperfect embroideries / colors , condition maybe apparent .
This should not be considered as imperfection and are the characteristic of vintage materials and craft method of dyeing.

WORK IN PROGRESS : 




Informations : colors and light may vary depending your screen.





Thank you for your visit and interest in my work.

Jenny Eve

*
***
*